Not everyone likes beer, which is no problem considering all the other delectable items not loaded with carbs found in liquor stores. Summertime is great for all those fruity sensations that always catch your eye with their parrots, palm trees and half-naked babes on their labels.
From liquors and spirits to malt beverages and hard fruit drinks to daiquiris and margaritas, summer is the perfect season for these festive thirst quenchers. Likes kids in a candy shop, shoppers can find almost any flavor imaginable.
The UTW brew crew didn't stick around to sample some of the newbies to the Oklahoma market, but we've got a list below that highlights some flavor faves from some well-known companies.
First, the country of Sweden is home to Absolut Vodka, where the latest fruit craze to invade this staple vodka is Absolut Mango. The aroma of fresh mangoes fills the room and tasters can escape to a tropical paradise before they even take a sip. The flavor is rich, almost juicy, and seems very natural without added sugars. Start out right and serve it with ice.
Smirnoff jumped on the fruit flavor train, adding one variety after another for a total of 10. UTW poured the newest flavor, Smirnoff Blueberry, on ice and suddenly it was time for breakfast. This vodka smells exactly like blueberry pancakes or muffins. The summer is about the only time we could imagine mixing a cocktail with the Blueberry. We added Sprite and were pleasantly surprised with the taste.
The newest flavor to Seagram's Gin is none other than grape. The gin's taste resembles exactly that of a grape popsicle... but soaked in gin. The natural grape flavors add a twist to Seagram's Extra Dry. According to the label, the grape is subtle... we beg to differ. Add tonic.
We'll end the party with a favorite throwback at many watering holes.
"We want a shot!"
"What kind of shot would you like?"
"We don't know. Make us anything! What's your favorite?"
Bartender makes a Lemon Drop shot.
"Yum! Oh, my gosh, that was easy!"
The Lemon Drop Burst Bar Shot from DeKuyper lets you be the at-home bartender. Take a shot glass and dampen the edge with water. Then, coat the rim with sugar. Cut lemon wedges for a chaser. Throw it back, bite the lemon, and experience the gentlest of explosions.
Finally, we'll end this party with a product provided by our neighbors in Texas. Dripping Springs Vodka is another new addition to Tulsa liquor stores. According to Allison Slutsky of Bread & Butter PR, states like Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico all have local distilleries that are producing unique spirits in small batches using grains, water and other components that are indigenous to the area.
Dripping Springs Vodka uses Texas Hill Country Spring water, tapped directly from the source. Slutsky said this makes it rich in minerals and gives it a smooth finish. By definition, 80 proof vodka contains 40 percent alcohol by volume. The remaining 60 percent is water, therefore illustrating the importance of the source.
The crisp grain vodka doesn't have the most enticing label; the design is extremely simple. With this vodka, we think it's the inside that counts. UTW is excited to welcome this award-winning vodka to town. If you think all vodkas taste the same, we recommend you give this brand a try.
Share this article: